Council of UMT
- Union Council comprises of fifteen municipality mayors including the Union Chairperson. Members of the Council except Union Chairperson are elected by the Union Assembly at the first meeting of a year with secret ballot among its own members to perform duties for one year.
- Metropolitan, province, district and county municipalities are tried to be represented as much as possible in the Council taking into consideration their numbers and total populations.
- Council convenes one per month. If deemed necessary, an extraordinary council meeting may be held.
- A re-election is held for vacant Council member positions.
- The Council is chaired by the Union Chairperson, or by the assigned Council member or Union Secretary General, if the Union Chairperson is not present.
- Council convenes with the presence of absolute majority of full number of members and issues decisions with the absolute majority of the participants. In the event of any draw in a voting session, the side that the chairperson voted with is assumed to be majority. No abstaining votes may be given.
Council agenda is determined by the chairperson. Council members may propose new articles for agenda with a confirmation from the chairperson. Issues not delegated by the chairperson are not discussed. Issues delegated to the Council are discussed and decided upon within one month.